2008/02/11

Disposable email addresses

I've run a version of this on my own email server for years. This is a brilliant variant on it.

Sign up for an account, tell em where you want the email forwarded to and then be SURE to goto the advanced config and choose a few "watchwords". These are truly the magic of the system

for example, if I choose eater, water, dirt as my watchwords then I can give people

jspameater.6.rickalm@spamgourmet.com as my email address and it will work because of the watchword eater. Without watchwords, someone could email youareajerk.6.rickalm@spamgourmet.com and I would get spammed. Since they don't know my watchwords it would not get through.

If they have enough time on their hands to defeat this system, then maybe they are worthy of me reading about their mail enhancement potion :)

No comments: